This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
A long road trip can be super fun or it can be a horrible experience. It really depends on a few factors on what can make or break a road trip. One of the big things is the people you go with. A good conversation can make a huge difference on a road trip. Driving with people you know really well is great, but a conversation can run dry after many hours. If you’re in a car with new people it can be hard to figure out what to talk about. That’s why conversation starters are an awesome thing to have on long trips.
I personally hate a boring car ride where no one talks, especially if I am the driver. I drove 9 hours with a group who didn’t really talk. It’s was not fun.
So, to make sure that doesn’t happen to me again or anyone else. I have created a list of “25” conversation starters for your road trip. Feel free to pick and choose from the list or even tweak them a bit. Take it like a little game.
It’s a fun way to go deeper in your current relationships or avoid awkward moments with new peeps. Try not to answer the questions cut and dry. Creating a good conversation is not about answering questions, but learning about each other more by expanding what we talk about.
Let’s get this list going!
Conversation Starters – Road Trip Edition
- What is the weirdest dream you ever had?
- If you owned yacht where would be the first place you would sail too?
- If you could go back in history what era would you visit and why?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What is the best gift you have ever gotten?
- If you had to be a superhero who would you be and why?
- What is your all time favorite book or movie?
- What did you collect as a child?
- What is the scariest thing you have faced?
- What was your favorite cartoon as a child?
- Who was your favorite teacher in school? What was it about them that you liked?
- If you could witness a historical event, what would you see?
- If you could magically learn an instrument overnight, which instrument would you learn
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
- What type of music drives you insane?
- What is a weird food combo that you would be willing to try?
- If you were given the opportunity to go into outer space would you?
- What genre of movies do you hate?
- Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction books?
- If you won a gold medal at the Olympics what event would it have been for?
- If you could live expense free for 6 months in any country, which country would you choose?
- What is your favorite Christmas memory?
- What is something most people love about you, but you dislike?
- What would a perfect city be like?
hope these questions will spark some good conversation on your next road trip. And may you NEVER go through what I did on that one road trip.
Keep things chatty and have fun on your trip. And if you happen to be heading to San Franciso check out 10 Remarkable Stops to see in San Francisco. Drop me a comment below and share with me some of your road trip memories.