This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Learn how to play the cereal box game for your next party, event or meeting.
Sometimes the most fun you can have can come from something that only costs you a couple of dollars! I’ve thrown my fair share of parties, events, and meetings. And I have played all kinds of games, team building activities, and ice breakers.
But the cereal box game takes the cake on. It can be played with a small group or large group. And the great thing is that if some people don’t want to play they will be super entertained just watching.
This game is suitable for kids to adults…The only real criteria is being flexible.
So, let’s get down to the rules and how to play!
Rules and Steps to Playing the Cereal Box Game
Materials You Will Need
1 Empty Cereal Box (use up the cereal to make a yummy snack for your party.)
A Good Pair of Scissors
Fun yet Slightly Competitive Group of Friends and Family Members
How To Play
- Cut off the top tabs of the cereal box
- Place the cereal box upright on the floor in the center of the room
- Have each person take a turn trying to pick up the cereal box up with ONLY their lips.
- After each person has gone it that is a round.
- Once a round is completed cut the cereal box down to make it shorter.
- Repeat till there is a winner or the cereal box can’t be cut any shorter.
*Please look at rules on how people get out of the game.
- You can NOT use your hands or any other body part to stabilize you as you try to reach the cereal box.
- You must only use your lips to pick up the cereal box
- If you break rules 1 and/or 2 you are out of the game.
- The last person remaining is the WINNER
A Video of playing The Cereal Box Game
We had such a blast playing that my cousin and I created this funny yet epic video of our gameplay. It was amazing to see how each friend used different technics to try to reach the cereal box.
Well, that’s it! It’s that simple! Give it a try at your next gathering. You will have a blast!
Please drop me a comment below and share your thoughts. And If you do try it out this game please let me know how it went.
Melissa is a passionate minister, speaker and an ongoing learner of the Bible. She has been involved in church and vocational ministry for over 18 years. And is the founder of Think About Such Things. She has the heart to equip the saints by helping them get into the Word of God and fall more in love with Jesus. She also enjoys family, cooking, and reading.
She has spoken in churches in California, Oregon, Texas, and Mexico and has been featured in Guidepost Magazine and All Recipes Magazine. Read More…