In this article we will look at a collection of fun and entertaining road trip questions to keep your car ride enjoyable for all. Never experience a bad road trip again! Let’s get started…
Road trips can either be fun or HORRIBLE. I have experienced a horrible road trip while driving up to Oregan. You can read more about that in my 25 Road Trip Conversation Starters. Those are the type of questions to help you start and build up into a conversation.
But I wanted to share more road trip questions to create a fun environment in the car and get to know each other better. You will be surprised what you learn even from people you have known your whole life!
I have broken up these questions to sections. Because let’s face it every road trip can be different with who you are driving with. Driving somewhere with friends is a lot different then driving some where with kids.
So, feel free to hope around to the section that best fits your road trip. Or you can just go through all of the questions and have fun with it. A lot of these can be used and tweaked for all kinds of families, children, and friends.
* Side note all these questions are suitable for all ages. If you are looking for dirty or naughty questions…well this is not the post for you.
Road Trip Questions for Couples
Road Trip Questions for Family and Kids
- What are some of your favorite phone apps?
- Would you rather give up music or television for a month?
- If you could become any cartoon character who would it be?
- Disneyland or Sixflags?
- When Scrolling Through Social Media, what are your favorite kind of posts?
- What do you think is the greatest invention of all time?
- If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
- What is your dream family vacation?
- Would you rather live in a castle, on a yacht, or in a large log cabin?
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- If you could paint your room any color what would it be?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- If you could ask your pet 3 questions, what would they be?
- Cake or pie or ice cream?
- Would you rather play inside or outside?
- If someone handed you $1000 what would you do with it?
- What silly thing has someone tricked you into doing or believing?
General Road Trip Questions (friends or family)
- What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What fictional character do you wish you could meet?
- Which celebrity chef would you most like to fix you a meal?
- If you could be on the cover of a magazine. Which magazine would it be?
- What’s a word or phrase people use that you just can’t stand?
- What is your favorite type of breakfast?
- What restaurant have you always wanted to eat at?
- Who’s your celebrity crush?
- Would you rather spend five days exploring Chicago or New York City?
- Would you rather have a home on the beach or in the mountains?
- If your life were a fragrance what would the perfume be called?
- Soup or salad?
- If you could start any kind of store and have it be successful. What kind of things would you sell?
- If you could be awesome at any sport, what sport would it be?
Off the Wall and Funny Road Trip Questions
- If you could change your last name what would you change it to?
- If you could pick any character from a movie show and pair them with any character from a book so, that it would create a whole new story, who would you put together?
- If you could make any mythical creature be real..which one would you pick?
- If animals could talk, who would be the best at conversations?
- If you could only pick one mode of transportation would you pick a dog sled or gondola?
- What country would you want to be the king or queen of?
- Are eyebrows considered facial hair?
- Have you ever farted in an elevator?
- If you could change your name what would it be?
- How many ducks would it take to kill a hippo?
- Have you ever tasted ear wax?
- If you found a legit treasure map would you try to find the treasure?
- Does pineapple belong on pizza?
- Where is the worst smelling place you’ve been?
More Road Trip Fun
Need a little more inspiration for your car ride? Well check out these post below of feel free to download my road trip printable. It will help you plan a road trip that is pure awesomeness.
DOWNLOAD ROAD TRIP PRINTABLE
Here are some of my favorite helpful road trip sites:
Well, there you have it! I hope these questions for a road trip have delighted you and created some memorable memories. Because that’s what it’s all about!
Feel free to drop me a comment below. I would love to know what trip questions you asked and how they went on you vacation.
Melissa is a passionate minister, speaker and an ongoing learner of the Bible. She has been involved in church and vocational ministry for over 18 years. And is the founder of Think About Such Things. She has the heart to equip the saints by helping them get into the Word of God and fall more in love with Jesus. She also enjoys family, cooking, and reading.
She has spoken in churches in California, Oregon, Texas, and Mexico and has been featured in Guidepost Magazine and All Recipes Magazine. Read More…