This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
I’m excited that you are hungry or curious enough to click on this page. Learning how to pray for every nation in the world can seem daunting, but in this article, I will show you how easy it can be.
I seem to always be in awe of men or women who sacrifice greatly to go to the nations and spread the gospel. I recently was reading about the life of Gladys Aylward. She was a missionary to China from 1938-1970. Her story and work for the Lord were incredible. You can read more about her life in Gladys Aylward: The Adventure of a Lifetime
Being called to full-time missions is not for everyone. Some of us will do short term trips and some may just minister locally. It doesn’t matter as long as you follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.
No matter what God has placed in your heart there is one thing we all can do. That is pray! I recently wrote a post on praying for America. You can check that out here: How to Pray for America
We should be praying for our country, but we also should be praying for other nations. What if I told you that you could pray for all the nations of the world in a month? It’s true, it’s possible!
However, before we can go into the how let’s take a look at one reason why we should be praying for the nations.
PRAYER HAS THE POWER THE CHANGE THINGS.
Chew on that statement for a bit. Your prayers have the ability to shift things in the heavens and to cause a manifestation of God’s power to occur on the Earth. Look at it this way your prayers cause heaven to invade Earth. When you pray for a nation you are impacting that country more than you can imagine.
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. James 5:16-17
Don’t ever doubt your prayers are powerless. That is a lie from the enemy to cause not to get on your knees. Now, let’s take a look at the how.
How to Pray for Every Nations of the World
Prayer Map – If you have a desire to pray for every single nation. You can easily do that with a prayer map.Every Home For Christ offers a prayer map of the world and for America. You can get it FREE at EHC Prayer Map
The prayer map will walk you thru 31 days of prayer. Each day you will pray for 8 nations. After the month is over you will have prayed for the whole world. It’s amazing. To top it off the map gives you some details on each nation to give you some direction in prayer.
Here are some things you can pray into for each nation.
- Christ is the desire of the nations. Pray for that desire to be made known to the people. And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of Hosts.”—Haggai 2:
- Ask God to forgive the sins of that state and to heal the land. If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)
- Pray for the laborers in the field. Cover the ministers, pastors, church leaders of that nation. Then he said to his disciples, The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Matthew 9:37-38 (NIV)
- Pray for the lost to be saved and for the gospel to go forth. As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. 2 Thessalonians 3:1 (NIV)
- Pray for those who are being persecuted for their faith. Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints Ephesians 6:18
- Pray for unity in the body of Christ. I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters, by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose. I Corinthians 1:10 (NIV)
- Pray for the governmental leaders of those nations and for God to raise up godly leaders. First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4 (NIV)
I hope these tools have better equipped you to pray for the nations and maybe even go someday. Drop me a comment below and share with me your thoughts.
Melissa is a passionate minister, speaker and an ongoing learner of the Bible. She has been involved in church and vocational ministry for over 18 years. And is the founder of Think About Such Things. She has the heart to equip the saints by helping them get into the Word of God and fall more in love with Jesus. She also enjoys family, cooking, and reading.
She has spoken in churches in California, Oregon, Texas, and Mexico and has been featured in Guidepost Magazine and All Recipes Magazine. Read More…