This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
I’m exciting today to talk about how to pray for America. In April 2016 I had the great privilege of attending Azusa Now at the Los Angeles Coliseum in California. For those of you not familiar with what Azusa Now was let me give a brief description.
Azusa Now and The Call are a ministry operated under Lou Engle. It’s a gathering of thousands of Christian to unite in prayer and worship for our nation. It starts early in the morning and goes all the way into the night.
We ask God to bring revival to America, to forgive us and heal our land (2 Chronicles 7:14). It’s an incredibly powerful event. If you would like more information on the event or would like to watch it. You can click this link: The Call Azusa
After 14+ hours at the event, we were on our way out and some volunteers of Azusa Now were passing out little packets. I grabbed one and stuffed in my bag, not evening thinking what it could be. When I got home and pulled out the stuff from my bag I came across a United States prayer map.
I have never seen anything like it before and thought it was a genius idea. With that said I thought I would share with my fellow readers at Think About Such Things.
The basic concept is that in a month (31 days) you will have prayed for all 50 states individually. Each day gives you one or two states to pray for. Here you can see a picture of the one I got from Azusa Now.
Many times we pray for our nation as a whole or for the state we are living in. We tend to forget other states unless brought to our attention by the Lord or the news.
I believe it’s important that we don’t just pray for our nation as a whole, but target regions of our nation in prayer. So, many things happen on a state level that impact, the body of Christ and millions of people.
We have laws being passed, violence and crimes taking place, churches being persecuted, Christians needing strength and unity, the lost needing to know the love of God, and the list goes on. Our prayers can make a difference for Rhode Island, Iowa, Colorado, Utah, etc…
There is a scripture that comes to mind when I think about praying for our states.
I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land, but I found no one. Ezekiel 22:30
God is looking for people to stand in the gap for our nation!
He wants to bless this land! Let’s do our part by rebuilding the wall in praying for each state. Most of us know a few simple facts or info about each state or region that will help you pray. But If you are lost on how to pray for the states here some things you can pray.
How to Pray for America
- Ask God to forgive the sins of that state and to heal the land.If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)
- Pray for the laborers in the field. Cover the ministers, pastors, church leaders of that state.Then he said to his disciples, The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Matthew 9:37-38 (NIV)
- Pray for the lost to be saved and for the gospel to go forth. As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. 2 Thessalonians 3:1 (NIV)
- Pray for unity in the body of Christ. I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters, by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose. I Corinthians 1:10 (NIV)
- Pray for the governmental leaders of that state and for God to raise up godly leaders. First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4 (NIV)
I will be posting another article in the near future on the world prayer map and how we can pray for the nations of the world! Join my mailing list so you don’t miss it! SIGN ME UP!
Leave me a comment below and share with me how you pray for America and what God has placed in your heart to pray for!