This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
In this article we will take a look at important prayer points. And how we should be using these prayer points in our alone time with the Lord. So, let’s get started and start praying!
This whole month is dedicated to prayer and I am so excited to share with you all that I have learned. If you would like to read some of them I encourage you to check out the Prayer of Hannah and Jabez.
Now, I thought I would touch on some prayer points that I think are really important for all Christians to pray. This is not saying there aren’t other prayer points that we should be targeting. These are just some that I believe we should be praying regularly.
Each prayer point below will have a Bible verse that you can use while you pray or for study purposes.
7 Powerful Prayer Points
So, let the Holy Spirit guide you through these prayer points. You don’t have to go in order, and you can pray one or a couple of these points. You can even pray one point each day. You can even use these points in corporate prayer. Just be sensitive to God’s leading.
Prayer Point #1: Pray for a Great Awakening and for Salvations
‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams. – Acts 2:17
…God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus. – 1 Timothy 2:3-5
Some key things to pray:
- Pray that hearts would become soft and turn to God. That people would have an incredible experience with Jesus. That they would repent and be born again! If someone comes to mind get specific! Pray for their salvation!
- Pray for the prodigal sons and daughter to return to God
- Pray for an outpouring of God’s Spirit to fall on your church, city, state, nation..ect..
- Pray for workers in the field (Those working in the ministry)
- Pray for the church to have a prayer burden for the lost.
- Pray for the saints to be equipped for a great harvest
Prayer Point #2: For The Body of Christ To Be In Unity and Walk In Love
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. – 1 Corinthians 1:10
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.– John 13:35
The church is meant to walk in unity and God’s love. Sadly, this is not always what happening in the body of Christ. This should be something we should pray for.
Some key things to pray:
- Pray for the church to walk in God’s love and experience God’s love in a greater way.
- Pray for the church to release what it means, love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8 )
- Pray for unity within the body. That disaccord, disunity, offense, and rejection would have no place in the church.
- Pray for those who’s hearts have been hurt to be healed and for reconciliation to take place.
Prayer Point #3: Pray for Those Being Persecuted Because of the Gospel
praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— Ephesians 6:18
If you live in the western world we experience some level of persecution. But you may not be aware how many of our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ are being physically and emotionally persecuted for their faith in other nations. Ministries like Open Doors share stories and how we can help with those persecuted.
Here are some ways you can pray:
- Pray for the persecutors to stop and that they would get saved. God did it with Paul the apostle…He can do it again!
- Pray for protection and strength over believers
- Pray for God to hide your brothers and sisters in Christ. That those perscuting them would be blinded not to see who they are and what they are doing.
- Ask God send angels to protect His children in these nations.
- Pray that this persecution would cause a great revival and many would be saved.
Prayer Point #4: Pray for God’s will to be done
In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name. 10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. – Matthew 6:9-13
Our desire should always be for God’s will to be done, not matter what the cost. Jesus prayed in the garden giving up His will for the will of the Father!
- In your Personal Life – Pray for God’s will to be established and be done in your own personal life. Cover your family as well.
- In the Church – Pray for God’s will to be done in the body of Christ. That we would line up according to what He has called us for.
- In the World – Pray for God’s will to be in the Earth and that prophecy would be fulfilled according to His word.
Prayer Point #5: Pray for Israel
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you. – Psalm 122:6
According to psalm 122:6 This prayer point actually comes with a blessing! Jewish voice has an incredible list of things to pray for Israel. I encourage you to check it out below.
Prayer Point #6: Pray for your leaders, both governmental and spiritual
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. – 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Key things to pray for spiritual leaders:
- Cover your spiritual leaders in prayer by praying for protection, wisdom, strength, grace, peace. Etc…
- Pray that they would be protected from temptation, fiery darts, and snares of the devil.
- Pray for their hearts to burn for passion for God. To love and devour His word, walk in truth, and purity.
- Pray they would preach the word with Boldness and be sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
Key things to pray for governmental leaders:
- Pray for your leaders to come to knowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. And if they do know the Lord that their relationship with Him would grow and prosper.
- Pray for they would have Godly wisdom and laws would NOT be passed that go against God’s Word.
- Pray that God would surround these individuals with people that know the Lord and would be a mouthpiece for Him.
- Pray for protection over any scheme of man or the enemy that would cause this leader to make wrong decisions both governmental and personally.
Check out this post from Bray Renee on 5 Things to Pray For the President.
Prayer Point #7: Pray for your walk with the Lord
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. – John 15:5-8
Sometimes in prayer, we get our list out and pray for a whole bunch of people and situations. That is wonderful, but don’t neglect to pray over yourself and specifically your walk with God. Let this prayer point be all about your relationship with Him. Be real and honest with Him… If you draw near to Him and He will draw near to you!
I’m not going to give you key points to pray in this section. Just get alone with God and share your heart.
I hope you have enjoyed this post on prayer points! I hope it has stirred your faith to want to pray and draw closer to the Lord. If you would like to share what God is doing in your feel free to drop me a comment below. I would love to know and join with you in prayer!