In this article, we will take a look at prayer points and prayer topics. And how we should be using these prayer points during our time of prayer.
Want to enhance your prayer life and connect deeper with God? A simple tool you can put into action today is prayer points!
Whether you need prayer guidance, desire spiritual growth, or want to intercede more powerfully for others, these targeted prayers will transform your prayer time.
You’ll discover how to pray for revival, unity, the persecuted church, and more. I have even added Bible verses to give each point deeper meaning, and it can help you pray God’s Word.
7 Powerful Prayer Points with Scripture
If you have been around Think About Such Things you will know I believe prayer should come from a sincere place in your heart. Prayer should never be a formula or just empty words.
So, let the Holy Spirit guide you through these prayer points. You don’t have to go in order, and you can pray for one or a couple of these points.
You can even pray one point to the topic each day. If needed you can even use these points in corporate prayer. Just be sensitive to God’s leading and always enjoy His presence. Give it a try today!
Prayer Point #1: Pray for a Great Awakening and Salvations
‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams. – Acts 2:17
Additional scripture to check out: 1 Timothy 2:3-4
As Christians, we should all desire for the lost to come to Christ and for an outpouring of His Spirit to take place.
Some key things to pray for this prayer topic:
- Pray that hearts would become soft and turn to God.
That people would have an incredible experience with Jesus. That they would repent and be born again! If someone comes to mind, get specific! Pray for their salvation!
- Pray for the prodigal sons and daughters to return to God.
- Pray for a revival and an outpouring of God’s Spirit to fall on your church, city, state, nation..ect..
- Pray for workers in the field (Those working in the ministry)
- Pray for the church to have a prayer burden for the lost.
- Pray for the saints to be equipped for a great harvest.
- Pray for world leaders and people of influence to turn to God and follow God’s divine Word.
Prayer Point #2: For The Body of Christ To Be In Unity and Walk In Love
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. – 1 Corinthians 1:10
Additional scripture to check out: John 13:35
The church is meant to walk in unity and God’s love. Sadly, this is not always what happens in the body of Christ.
This should be something we should pray for, as it can bring healing and transformation.
Some key things to pray:
- Pray for the church to walk in God’s love and experience God’s love in a greater way.
- Pray for the church to release what it means, love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8 )
- Pray for unity within the body. That disaccord, disunity, offense, and rejection would have no place in the church.
- Pray for those who’s hearts have been hurt to be healed and for reconciliation to take place.
- Pray for protection for those in church leadership and those in the congregation. That every scheme and plan of the enemy would fail.
Prayer Point #3: Pray for Those Being Persecuted Because of the Gospel
praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— Ephesians 6:18
If you live in the Western world, we experience some level of persecution. But you may not be aware how many of our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ are being physically and emotionally persecuted for their faith in other nations.
Ministries like Open Doors share stories and how we can help those persecuted.
Here are some ways you can pray:
- Pray for the persecutors to stop and that they would get saved. God did it with Paul the apostle…He can do it again!!
- Pray for protection and strength over believers.
- Pray for God to hide your brothers and sisters in Christ. Those persecuting them would be blinded, not to see who they are and what they are doing.
- Ask God to send angels to protect His children in these nations.
- Pray that this persecution would cause a great revival and many would be saved.
Prayer Point #4: Pray for God’s will to be done
In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name. 10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. – Matthew 6:9-13
Our desire should always be for God’s will to be done, not matter what the cost. Jesus prayed in the garden, giving up His will for the will of the Father!
- In your Personal Life – Pray for God’s will to be established and be done in your own personal life. Cover your family as well.
If you know what God’s will is and having a hard time accepting it. I encourage you to pray for grace, and strength to embrace what the Lord has for you.
- In the Church – Pray for God’s will to be done in the body of Christ. That we would line up according to what He has called us for.
You can also pray this on a more personal level for the church you attend.
- In the World – Pray for God’s will to be in the Earth and that prophecy would be fulfilled according to His word.
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life. (Revelation 22:17)
Prayer Point #5: Pray for Israel
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you. – Psalm 122:6
According to Psalm 122:6, This prayer point actually comes with a blessing!
Jewish voice has an incredible list of things to pray for Israel. I encourage you to check it out below.
Prayer Point #6: Pray for your leaders, both governmental and spiritual
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. – 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Key things to pray for spiritual leaders:
- Cover your spiritual leaders in prayer by praying for protection, wisdom, strength, grace, and peace. Etc…
- Pray that they would be protected from temptation, fiery darts, and snares of the devil.
- Pray for their hearts to burn for passion for God. To love and devour His word, walk in truth and purity.
- Pray they preach the Word with Boldness and be sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
Key things to pray for governmental leaders:
- Pray for your leaders to come to the knowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. And if they do know the Lord, their relationship with Him will grow and prosper.
- Pray for they would have Godly wisdom, and laws would NOT be passed that go against God’s Word.
- Pray that God would surround these individuals with people that know the Lord and would be a mouthpiece for Him.
- Pray for protection over any scheme of man or the enemy that would cause this leader to make wrong decisions, both governmental and personal.
Prayer Point #7: Pray for your walk with the Lord
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. – John 15:5-8
Sometimes, in prayer, we get our list out and pray for a whole bunch of people and situations. That is wonderful, but don’t neglect to pray over yourself and specifically your walk with God.
Let this prayer point be all about your relationship with Him. Be real and honest with Him… If you draw near to Him and He will draw near to you!
I’m not going to give you key points to pray in this section. Just get alone with God and share your heart. He truly desires to hear from you!
More Prayer Points
As time has gone by, I have added quite a bit of new prayer topics on different kinds of prayer points. So, if you are looking for something more specific, these could come in handy!
May you find them helpful as you dig deeper into your relationship with Jesus!
- 8 Powerful Prayer Points for Healing
- 5 Encouraging Prayer Points for Restoration in Your Life
- 9 Inspirational Thanksgiving Prayer Points
- 9 Transformational Prayer Points for the Church
- 7 Important Prayers for Pastors with Prayer Points
- 9 Powerful Prayer Points for Spiritual Growth
I hope you have enjoyed this post on prayer points! I hope it has stirred your faith and helped guide you during your prayer time.
If you would like to share what God is doing in your feel free to drop me a comment below. I would love to know and join with you in prayer!
Melissa is a passionate minister, speaker and an ongoing learner of the Bible. She has been involved in church and vocational ministry for over 18 years. And is the founder of Think About Such Things. She has the heart to equip the saints by helping them get into the Word of God and fall more in love with Jesus. She also enjoys family, cooking, and reading.
She has spoken in churches in California, Oregon, Texas, and Mexico and has been featured in Guidepost Magazine and All Recipes Magazine. Read More…