In this article, we will dive into Saturday prayer. There are many ways we can go about this, but we will look at two main areas. One on praying Saturday prayers and the other on sharing these prayers with friends and family So, let’s get started…
No matter the day of the week we should be praying and conversing God. But sometimes we are looking for something specific.
This is why I want to share some powerful prayers with you. My hope is that they will inspire you this Saturday.
But before we get started I would like to talk about some prayer tips that you might find helpful.
When it comes to pre-written prayers I find it really important that we check ourselves before just reading them off and calling it
Prayer should be based out of relationship with God. It’s not a to-do list you give to Him or something religious you do without emotions.
These are some tips to take to heart when dealing pre-written prayers.
- Read the prayer to yourself first. Understand what it’s saying and asking of the Lord.
- Personalize It – Take the prayer and add things to it that make it personal to you.
- Be Inspired – Use the prayer as inspiration and don’t even pray it back to the Lord. Use it like a diving board to spring you into your own authentic prayer with Him.
- Don’t be emotionally unattached to your prayer. You want your prayers to come from your heart. The Lord wants to hear from you. Not from a book of prayers or a website of prayers. Look at King David prayers or even Hannah’s prayer. These came from the heart.
- Pre-Written prayers are a useful tool to inspire, teach, and stir your faith. They should never replace your prayer life.
- Don’t pray a pre-written prayer if you don’t feel a connection to that prayer. We are all in different seasons and places in life. Sometimes a prayer will resonate with you and where you are at. Sometimes it won’t.
- Let the Holy Spirit lead you. Before praying ask the Holy Spirit to guide your prayer time and reveal things you should be praying. God will place people or situations on your heart to pray for.
Ways to Share a Saturday Prayer
I know that some of you may come to this article looking to share a Saturday prayer as a way to encourage and brighten someone’s day. This is why I made images for you to share. But I also wanted to give you some fun ways you can share these prayers.
- Send a quick text or email by sending one of the prayers or prayer images. This only takes few moments and can really bless someone’s Saturday.
- Place one of the prayers on/in a gift. An example would be to write it a book or the packaging of the gift.
- Pick out one of the prayers and write it in a card or perhaps a letter.
- Write a prayer out on a sticky note and place it where someone you know will find it. An idea could be to place a note in a lunch box, bag, or leave it on the fridge or computer.
- Share one of the prayers or prayer images on a social media channel.
- Pick or purchase a bouquet of flowers and tie a little note tag on it with a prayer. You could even do this with chocolates or someone’s favorite treat.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7
In this section will look at some prayers for Saturday that can be prayed anytime you like during the day. After that the prayers you will find some more specific like geared towards the morning, family, friends, etc…
As for the images please, feel free to use the prayer images for personal use (like sharing online). If you wish to use one of the images or prayers for a website then please contact me for permission first.
Heavenly Father, I thank You for this Saturday! As the weekend begins I ask that You would watch over me and my family. Protect as we go out and let Your joy be our strength. Let us become attentive to Your still small voice and gentle nudges. In Jesus’ name, amen!
Holy Spirit, I ask that this Saturday would be a day of rest. Give me peace in my heart and mind. Help to trust you with the situations in my life that I can’t control. Help me to break off worry, and striving. So that I can fully hand over every area of my life to You. In the powerful name of Jesus, Amen and amen!
God, I come before You this Saturday and I ask that You would give me eyes to see and ears to hear what Your Spirit is saying and doing. Draw me close to You so that I may feel Your precious presence and experience Your goodness. In the mighty name of Jesus, amen!
Lord, I know this Saturday is blessed because You are with me and Your word says, You will never leave me, nor forsake me (Deuteronomy 31:6). So, today I ask that You would guide me on my path. Let me know clearly what You are calling me to in this season. Bless me Lord and give me the breakthrough that only You can bring. In the name of Jesus, amen!
Saturday Morning Prayers
Heavenly Father, I praise and glorify You! I thank You for this Saturday morning. Thank you that today is doing to be blessed. Lord, I thank You that You will guide and teach me. Help my heart and my mind to be transformed into Your likeness. Give me a fresh hunger for Your Word and truth. Cleanse me and make me new in You. In the mighty name of Jesus, amen.
Lord Jesus, On this Saturday morning I ask you that you teach me. Teach me to be more like You, Lord. How to walk in kindness, mercy, love, integrity, and boldness. Let me become an extension of your hands and feet to this world. In the name of Jesus, amen!
Father God, Thank You so much for Your goodness and salvation. You are a good God and I am so thankful to have You in my life. You are my treasure! Lord I ask that you would bless this Saturday morning. Help me to keep my eyes on Your son Jesus. Let my heart become steadfast and firm in faith in You O’ Lord. In the precious name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior…amen and amen!
Saturday Night Prayers
Holy Spirit, I give You praise for You are good! Thank You for this Saturday night. Thank You that You are always with me and help me in my times of need. Thank You for all that You do. Draw me closer to You and transform me to be more like You. Help me to bear good fruit. I want the kind of fruit that lasts and that glorifies You O’ Lord. In the mighty name of Jesus, amen!
Father God, I love You! You are my hope and my joy. Thank You for everything you have done for me. I glorify You this Saturday evening! You are truly good! Help my heart to glorify You all the days of my life. In the name of Jesus, amen.
Heavenly Father, this Saturday night I ask that you would speak to my heart as I sleep. Give me dreams and night visions that would bring clarity to what You want to say to me. In the name of Jesus, amen.
Saturday Prayers for Family
God, I lift up my family this Saturday. And I ask you humbly that You would protect each one of them. That You would be their guide and help in times of need. Lord, I lift up those who don’t know You. God bring them to Salvation in Your Son Jesus. Soften their hearts and transform them for your glory. Bless this day for my family. In the name of Jesus, amen!
Lord Jesus, I thank you for my family. Thank you for my spouse and children. You have blessed me greatly and I praise You for showing me so much kindness. Draw my family close to You and wrap them up in Your loving arms. Watch over us and assign angels to protect us O’ Lord. In the name of Jesus, amen.
Saturday Prayer for Friends
Precious Jesus, I come before you this Saturday and I ask that you would bless my friend (insert name). Touch their life, O’ Lord! Draw them closer to you and help them today. Give them the wisdom and clarity they need to fulfill Your will. And I ask Lord that they would be able to trust You more in this season. Bless them and keep them. In the mighty name of Jesus, amen!
More Prayer Topics To Explore
I hope the prayers above have inspired you to want to go deeper in your prayer life! If that’s the case then I would encourage you to check out some of my prayer posts below. You can also find more articles on prayer on my Faith page.
Saturday is a wonderful day of rest, but it also can be a powerful day we can spend in prayer. And I hope these prayer have blessed you in that.
If you would like to post a comment you can do that easily by scrolling to the bottom of this post. I would love to hear what is new in your life and what Jesus is doing in your life.
Melissa is a passionate minister, speaker and an ongoing learner of the Bible. She has been involved in church and vocational ministry for over 18 years. And is the founder of Think About Such Things. She has the heart to equip the saints by helping them get into the Word of God and fall more in love with Jesus. She also enjoys family, cooking, and reading.
She has spoken in churches in California, Oregon, Texas, and Mexico and has been featured in Guidepost Magazine and All Recipes Magazine. Read More…